By visiting and using this website you agree as follows:
ABBTF its directors, partners, employees and related entities responsible for maintaining this website believe that the information contained on this website is correct. However, no representation or warranties of any nature whatsoever are given, intended or implied, and you should rely on your own inquiries as to the accuracy of any information or material available from this website.
Please note that information provided on this website is general information only, is subject to change without notice and should not be relied on as a substitute for expert advice. ABBTF disclaims all liability and responsibility, including for negligence, for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by any person arising out of any use of this website or any information or material available from it.
All material available or accessible from this website is copyright material owned by ABBTF. Apart from fair dealing permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, visitors to the site are granted permission to download and display any of the website material for private purposes only.
For intended use of any copyright material beyond private or research uses, no part of this website may be used, produced or copied by any means or in any form without the prior permission of ABBTF.
ALTERATIONS TO WEBSITE
ABBTF reserves the right to alter this website from time to time at its discretion.
Terms and Conditions for the ‘Shout Your Mates’ Ticketek Gift Voucher Competition
Become a Bricklayer
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this “Shout Your Mates” Promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Subject to condition 3, this Promotion is open to VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, SA, WA and TAS residents within Australia. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all terms and conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to this Promotion. Entrants must enter a valid email address for a valid entry.
3. The following are ineligible:
- employees of the Promoter, Australian Brick & Blocklaying Training Foundation Ltd (ABBTF), Become a Bricklayer or any of the Promoter’s agencies that are associated with the Promotion;
- the spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an excluded employee; and
- any person who the Promoter has previously notified is not permitted to enter the Promoter’s promotions.
4. This Promotion commences at 9.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on 20/02/2013 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 02/12/2013 (“Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
5. Entry to this competition is free. To enter this Promotion, eligible individuals must, during the Promotion Period, via one of the following methods below. The Promoter has the right to determine whether an entry is made in an acceptable form and subject to section 20.
- Fully complete an entry form available at participating ABBTF / Become a Bricklayer exhibition stands during the promotional period. Place the fully completed entry form into the specified competition box supplied for all entries.
- Visit the website at www.becomeabricklayer.com.au/competitions click on the ‘ ’Shout Your Mates’ competition banner. Fully complete the online entry form and click on the ‘submit’ button to submit the entry online. Entrants will receive a confirmation page confirming that the entry is now successfully in the draw.
- Visit the Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/becomeabricklayer, click on the competitions tab, under the cover image to enter. Entrants must fully complete the Facebook online entry form and click on the ‘submit’ button to submit the entry online. Entrants will receive a confirmation page advising that the entry is now successfully in the draw and that they can share this competition on their own Facebook profile with their friends.
6. It is a condition of entering the Promotion that entrants agree for their personal information to be added to the ABBTF / Become a Bricklayer database and to be used in accordance with the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions.
LIMITS ON ENTRY
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
- only one (1) entry permitted per specified email address; and
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
8. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s head office at Suite 24B, 479 Warrigal Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189, at 2.00pm AEST on 16/12/2013. The Promoter reserves the right to draw reserves in case of an invalid entry or invalid entrant.
9. The provisional winner will be notified by email within two (2) days of the draw. A provisional winner will only be deemed a winner once verified by the Promoter. The winner will be published on our website: www.becomeabricklayer.com.au/competitions on 20/12/2013 and will remain online for thirty (30) days. Information will be available upon request via post to the ABBTF head office at Suite 24B, 479 Warrigal Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189.
10. Entries are open to all states as specified in condition 2.
11. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize of x4 (four) $250 Ticketek Gift Vouchers to the value of $1,000 in total.
12. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Gift Vouchers are not included. Any unused balance of the Gift Vouchers will not be awarded as cash. Ticketek Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed for events on sale at Westfield Concierge Desks and at Ticketek Agencies viewable at www.ticketek.com.au Each Agency has its own Terms and Conditions which can be accessed from that Agency. If for any reason the entry is determined by the Promoter to have been completed fraudulently or is invalid, the Promoter has the right to cancel any Gift Voucher issued at any time.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
13. If the prize that has been won remains unclaimed it will be entered into the unclaimed prize draw. The unclaimed prize draw will take place at the same time and place as the original draw on 20/01/2014. The winner, if any, will be notified by email published on the Promoters website: www.becomeabricklayer.com.au/competitions on 22/01/2014 and will remain online for thirty (30) days. Information will be available upon request via post to the Promoter’s head office at Suite 24B, 479 Warrigal Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189.
14. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion to determine the identity of the entrant.
16. Total prize pool value is $1,000 including one (1) prize of $1,000.
17. The prize-, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. The Promoter in its sole discretion reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the ABBTF companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter and the ABBTF companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or correspondence that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether received by the Promoter or not) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by an entrant or winner; or
- use of the prize.
All entries remain the property of the Promoter.
26. The “Promoter” is Australian Brick & Blocklaying Training Foundation Ltd (ABBTF) ABN 41 097 159 914 of Suite 24B, 479 Warrigal Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189. Telephone: (03) 9556 3000.