Apprenticeships in Bricklaying are available in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory.
All vacancies are advertised on our Jobs Board Portal.
Apply via our Bricklaying Jobs Board
During the Bricklaying Apprenticeship, you will learn how to lay clay bricks, concrete blocks and other types of masonry building blocks in mortar to construct internal and external walls, repair walls and build foundations, partitions, arches and other structures. Bricklayers mainly work outdoors and in teams.
Bricklayers may perform the following tasks:
- Work from plans and specifications
- Seal foundations with damp-resistant materials
- Build in door and window frames
- Spread layers of mortar to serve as a base and binder for bricks, remove excess mortar and check vertical and horizontal alignment
- Use various tools and brick-cutting machines to cut and shape bricks
- Construct arches and ornamental brickwork
- Repair and maintain clay bricks, cement blocks/bricks and related structures
- Erect scaffolding.
To succeed in a Bricklaying Apprenticeship you should enjoy practical work, have good hand-eye coordination, be good at technical activities, be able to follow plans and be able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Earn good wages while you study offsite and learn from qualified tradesmen onsite; attractive subsidies and supports exist.
An Apprenticeship in Bricklaying can lead to many other careers in the construction industry.
Do know where to start? Give us a call on 1300 66 44 96