Source: Cancer Council Australia
With days of extreme heat this summer we have seen smart bricklayers change their work practices to get the job done.
These are the common sense things bricklayers can do to avoid the heat.
- Start work earlier to use the cooler part of the day
- Work on the shady side of the job if there is one
- Take an Esky with plenty of ice and drinks
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Wear a hat and long sleeve shirt
- Keep the mortar mix moist and workable
- Keep your tools in the shade.
- Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide.
Make sure your apprentice understands how to be productive but safe in the heat.
Above all, know your limits and use common sense. The rest of the week may be cooler to get the job done.
If you need a hat to protect you on these hot days contact ABBTF on 1300 66 44 96.
ABBTF – CEO