Bricklaying is one of 18 Australian trades chosen to compete at WorldSkills International in Abu Dhabi this week, the selection based on the high standard of the Gold Medal winner. The final get together of the total 49 Skillaroo team members, including experts and team managers took place at the State Government reception rooms at Macquarie Street, Sydney last Saturday, October 7.
Trystan Sammut, National WorldSkills Australia Gold Medalist, is our worthy bricklaying trade representative and we at ABBTF are eagerly anticipating his performance throughout the three day event, following his international training challenges in Russia, China and here at Newcastle.
You can help Trystan and other Skillaroos achieve their best by showing your support, using social media from now through to the closing ceremony on October 19. All the details are below.
Here’s how you can follow and support Trystan and the other Skillaroos on social media:
- ABBTF’s Become a Bricklayer Facebook page
- ABBTF’s State Facebook pages: Vic NSW/ACT Qld WA SA Tas
- WorldSkills Australia Facebook page
- on Twitter and join the conversation by using #Skillaroo and #WorldSkillsAustralia
- on Instagram
Below is a list of social media handles for ABBTF, Tristan’s TAFE, his employer and his Expert Trainer, Troy Everett.
TRYSTAN SAMMUT – BRICKLAYING
EXPERT – TROY EVERETT
|Training Institute||Federation University||FedUniAustralia||FedUniAustralia||FedUniAustralia|
|Expert Employer||TAFE NSW||tafensw||tafensw||tafensw|
Social Media Platforms at the Event
WorldSkills International and WorldSkills Abu Dhabi will have teams working across the three main platforms throughout the event Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. All their handles are below:
WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017
Tips for ensuring your messages of goodwill are well circulated on social media, and for those lucky enough to be attending there’s Snapchat Lens and Geofilter:
– Use the hashtags #Skillaroo #Skillaroos #2017Skillaroos #WorldSkillsAustralia #TeamAustralia so family, friends and supporters can follow the conversation through the hashtags. WorldSkills International will also be using the hashtags #worldskills #ws_abudhabi and #wsconference
– WorldSkills Abu Dhabi has created a Snapchat lens that will be available at certain times throughout the competition.
– 15 & 16 October – National Snapchat Lens
– 17 & 18 October – Attendees can use the Snapchat code found at the event and unlock the lens for an hour.
– A Geofilter will be available at the opening and closing ceremonies.
Both ceremonies will be streamed live at Worldskills.org
Spread the word with family and friends so they can watch the celebrations happen in real time.
Opening Ceremony Saturday, 14 October, 1530 GMT (0430 DST/0330 EST)
Closing Ceremony Thursday, 19 October, 1530 GMT (0430 DST/0330 EST)
The live blog will share the latest event information including social media highlights, content from delegates and visitors, and real-time updates from the event. Visit worldskillabudhabi2017.com or worldskills.org
Our best wishes go to Trystan Sammut and all the WorldSkills Skillaroos and we look forward to an exciting week ahead.