Career Employment Group
Career Employment Group Inc is seeking applications for Bricklaying apprentices to work with our valued Host Employer in Adelaide Metro areas.
These are Full time positions. As a Bricklaying apprentice you will undertake a Certificate 3 in Bricklaying/Blocklaying. This is is a 4 year apprenticeship.
The main role of a Bricklaying Apprentice involves laying bricks, pre-cut stone, concrete blocks and other types of building blocks . You may also:
- Carry out construction, lay bricks and other building blocks in mortar to construct and repair walls.
- Read and working from plans and specifications
- Sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials
- Spreading layers of mortar to serve as a base and binder for bricks in rows, designs or shapes; and spreading mortar between joints
- Repairing and maintaining clay bricks, cement blocks / bricks and related structures
- Use hand tools, e.g. trowels, hammers measuring tapes and levelling devices, shovels etc.
- Use power tools, e.g. electric/battery drills, brick cutting machines, power saws, angle grinders, mixers, and laser levelling devices
To be considered for a Bricklaying apprenticeship the following is required:
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this trade
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Be a safe confident worker
- Willingness to travel
- White Card (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Have a car and licence is required due to changing sites.
If interested please apply below.