Pre Apprenticeship Training in Queensland
Pre Apprenticeship Training in bricklaying before starting a Queensland apprenticeship is an excellent introduction to the trade.
Current Pre Apprenticeship Program in Queensland
Australian Brick & Blocklaying Training Foundation are running 5 pre-apprenticeship programs in Qld during 2015. These courses are an excellent entry point for proceeding onto an apprenticeship and focus on the trade of brick and block laying. The courses will be held at various locations throughout Qld.
ABBTF is an industry body representing brick and block manufacturers and have many programs in place to address the skill shortage in the trade. There are currently many apprentice vacancies for brick and block laying and ABBTF is heavily involved in attracting, recruiting and training young people for this trade.
If you have an interest in this course or require further information call Tony Bishop, ABBTF Qld Manager 0400 120 055, or call our office 1300 66 44 96 / 07 3205 5559, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- Australian citizens living in Qld
- Permanent residents of Australians living in Qld
- New Zealand citizens permanently residing in Qld
- Refugee and Humanitarian Visa Holders living in Qld
- Temporary Visa Holders living in Qld with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, and
One of the following:
- Express a commitment to complete a full training pathway
- Any other individuals specified by the Department as eligible.
Pre Apprenticeship Training in Queensland can provide great benefits for you:
- A hands-on experience of bricklaying
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and skills
- See if you are suited and if bricklaying appeals to you
- Make you work ready and very employable
- Credit for signed off competencies against future apprenticeship training
- Some courses provide on-site experience
- Training in health and safety for the trade
- Be part of the learning team that is bricklaying
Pre Apprenticeship Training in Queensland can be in a number of forms:
- VET in schools in years 11 and 12
- Pre-apprenticeship courses at a TAFE college or RTO
For more info about Pre Apprenticeship Training in Queensland contact ABBTF.