NEW FOR SCHOOLS …
Help your students try their hand at bricklaying with our Try-a-Trade program
Try-a-Trade is an interactive program that allows candidates the opportunity for a hands on experience in Brick and Blocklaying.
Try-a-Trade is entertaining, informative and offers access to some of the basic skills involved in the bricklaying industry. It allows candidates to meet and talk with experts who are recognised as leaders in their trade and the opportunity to gain valuable insight into the industry.
Try-a-Trade is a flexible program that is generally delivered in the school or community grounds.
Quick Facts on Try-a-Trade:
- Generally the program runs over one day
- Groups of around 10 participants
- Can have groups in various times from one hour to the full day participation
- Can be delivered as part of a career day or as a stand alone program
- Gives students a great opportunity to gather more information on Bricklaying as career.
Why do Try-a-Trade:
- Motivates students and others through a hands-on experience
- Share information about career choices
- Great resource for VET coordinators and Industrial Teachers alike.
For more information contact the ABBTF head office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 66 44 96.